Bad credit and need a loan? There are options for you
Getting a personal loan can be easy, even if you have bad credit. Here we inform you about everything you need to know.
Many people around the United States resort to personal loans for various reasons, but poor or poor credit quality can minimize their chances of obtaining financing. Fortunately, even people who suffer from bad or bad credit history can get personal loans, but may have to pay higher interest than usual.
When your credit score is low and you are looking to obtain a personal loan, you will have to deal with a lender that looks beyond your credit score. Transparency in fees and charges is equally important. If you are unsure of how personal loans work for bad credit or what to look for in the lenders that offer those loans, check this guide before signing.
Compare the loan options
Apply for a short-term loan with a simple online application and a dedicated customer service.
Maximum amount granted: Varies by state
Maximum term: Varies by state
Response time: 1 business day
Requirements: You must be a US citizen or permanent resident, be at least 18 years of age and have regular income and a bank account. Go to the site.
How do personal loans work with bad credit?
You must first find the lenders who provide loans to people with bad credit or bad credit score. These lenders can look at your credit history, but also take into account your existing financial situation, and the ability to pay. Depending on the lender you choose, you can apply online, but remember that you will have to meet some basic eligibility criteria.
With online loans for bad credit, money transfers are made to your bank account. While some lenders may give you access to funds on the same day, others may require you to wait between one and three business days, or more.
You will obtain the following characteristics with a loan for bad credit
If you are looking for personal loans for bad credit examine these key features:
• Without guarantee. These loans are typically unsecured, so you do not have to provide any kind of collateral.
• Fast process. You can request most of these loans in a matter of minutes, and you can wait to find out about the status of your application soon after. If you need quick access to money, you can look for lenders who provide access to approved funds the same or next business day.
• Fixed rates. Bad credit personal loans usually have fixed interest rates, so you do not have to worry about fluctuations in payments over time.
• Use the money for different purposes. If you have debt on a high interest credit card, you may consider taking a personal loan to consolidate your existing debt. This can help you save on interest charges and simplify your payments. You can use the proceeds of this type of loan to buy a used car, repair your car, make renovations at home, take a vacation or for any other worthwhile purpose.
• Prepayment and savings. Some lenders allow you to pay off your loan ahead of time without charging any additional fees. Doing this can reduce the amount you end up paying interest.
What types of bad credit give personal loans?
In your search for personal loans for bad credit, you have the following options:
• Fast online loans
Fast online loans (payday loans) are short-term loans that normally have to be paid for your next payday. You do not have to provide any collateral to secure these loans, but you can expect to pay a higher APR than with regular personal loans. These loans are not legal in all states of the United States. See here in what states are legal.
• Installment loans
A term loan requires you to make regular periodic repayments during a predetermined loan term. These loans do not require any collateral, and they usually charge lower APRs than fast loans online.
• Automotive title loans
If you have a car or a motorcycle you can use your title as collateral and get a car title loan. Since you are providing security, you can expect to pay a lower APR compared to fast online loans or installment loans. You will have to pay such a loan in installments over a predetermined period of time. If you do not make the payments, the lender can take possession of your vehicle.
• Cash advance
The cash loans for bad credit are essentially the same as the fast loans online. If you have a credit card, you can use it to withdraw the cash advance from an ATM. If you have a stable job, you might consider getting a cash advance from your employer.
Things to avoid in personal loans with bad credit
If you already have poor or bad credit history, make sure you have a payment plan in place before applying for other loans. Failure to repay the loan in a timely manner can have an additional adverse effect on your credit rating. Avoid applying for multiple loans at or around the same time, since potential lenders do not see this favorably.
The APR you pay can have a significant effect on how much you end up costing the loan, so be sure to compare this aspect carefully. It is also important to pay attention to the fees and charges that you may have to pay in different circumstances, as they may vary considerably.